Sunday, January 3, 2010

Starting the year with bloodshed

I have a tendency to have a great hangover after New Years Eve, lasting for a couple of days. I also have a tendency, when I have a hangover, to have a terrible blood thirst. It's almost only the day-after-the-night-before that I can watch less respectable, new films by my own free will. Having a hangover, feeling sorry for myself and watching people getting their limbs torn off in the most wicked ways possible - it just completes me.

That's why I decided to watch Saw (2004) and Saw II (2005).






Now, they are definitively not as brilliant as the film posters themselves are, but they are entertaining. I will sum up my late-night Saw experience with one sentence: The first one had a better continuity in the story and Cary Elwes from The Princess Bride (1987), but the second one had a much better twist towards the end, but also some very annoying testosterone-high male characters.

There, I won't waste more words on those films, although they weren't bad. (Just wait until I watch the rest of them, hu-ha...) If that wasn't enough, you just need to watch Angry Alien's 30 second re-enactment with bunnies [click on picture below] - it pretty much sums up the whole series, I believe.



4 comments:

getsbis said...

i watched Saw yesterday (for the first time of my life). DO NOT WANT MORE.

you've said everything.

Lolita of the Classics said...

Gatsby:
Hey, I saw it (he he, "saw it") for the first time yesterday too!
No, definitely not something one needs to see. Just suitable when you're in a blood-and-gore-mood.

Dymon Enlow said...

I saw SAW on a Saturday and thought it sucked sack. The shittier sequels also sucked sacks but they starred Shawnee Smith and she's been smoking since SUMMER SCHOOL.

Lolita of the Classics said...

Darsh:
Haha, well, I would probably had said the same thing if it didn't suit my mood so well at the moment. But still - it's only entertaining, and nothing more. If I was in a normal mood, I guess the blood, gore and messed up psychopaths wouldn't be enough for more me to even finish watching it.