Saturday, January 2, 2010

A new decade and new wallpapers!




[Don't ask me why I haven't gone to bed at 6:30 AM. Awful hangover and slight ulcer is my own diagnosis.]

That was about how I looked on New Year's Eve. Add some absinthe, and later going home to clean up my boyfriend's vomit - there you have my 2010 celebrations! Okay, the New Year's party was actually pretty awesome. I hope the situation was at least quite similar for my dear readers (excluding the vomit part).

Since I am such a sweet, generous person I thought I could give you some new wallpapers for the new year. There should be something fitting for everyone I believe. As long as you have widescreen format (16:10).
(If you have either 5:4 or 4:3, just email me if you desperately want any of these - I have them in store.)

For the random classic film fan:


Alfred Hitchcock, looking suspicious.


Nick and Nora Charles (Myrna Loy and William Powell).



For the fan of Japanese cinema:


Director Akira Kurosawa.



For the fan of Japanese cinema or for every woman who wants a hot man filling their computer screen:

A young Toshirô Mifune (*drooling*).



And for all my dear male readers:

FBI agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson)



5 comments:

Miss McCrocodile said...

And a very Happy New Year to you!
Thanks for all the great pics. I'm a fan of Kurosawa and Mifune (aka the Japanese John Ford/John Wayne). Ford asked The Duke to visit Kurosawa on a trip to Japan because he was "a fan of ours". Sweet.
And may I say Mr. Mifune did not lose his looks when he aged. Handsome with a capital H!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!! I love the new Hitchcock wallpaper! :-D

Meredith said...

so nice of you to think of the fellas. :D myrna and bill are now gracing my desktop thanks to you!

Unknown said...

Classic movie actors and actresses are always the best! They are oldies but goodies! Now, most of my collections are from http://www.downloadmoviesfree.net. There were free dvd download online and it is absolutely no cost at all.

Lolita of the Classics said...

Miss Crocodile:
I'm glad to hear about another female Kurosawa fan! Oh yes, Mifune was one that aged with grace, as so many men seem to do...

Kate G:
I'm glad to hear that!

Meredith:
I always think about the boys ;)
Great! I have that background too, hehe. Powell pouring up a drink seemed suitable for New Years ;)

William:
Good for you :)